Milling of concrete
Milling of concrete is a very efficient method of work which provides diverse treatment capabilities.
What it entails?
Milling services are executed using specialist machining equipment. Due to specific blade alignment, the machine’s teeth penetrate concrete and break away the unwanted layers. This method therefore is based on strong interaction with the floor’s structure. This means that repairs may be performed even on surfaces with high degrees of damage.
Why choose milling of concrete?
This treatment method allows for achieving accurately finished surfaces, while at the same time effectively removing layers contaminated by paints or resins. Milling of concrete floors involves not only the removal of older coatings and the general preparation of the surface for further works. It is also a way of repairing damaged surfaces.
The fact that we always use industrial vacuum cleaners in conjunction with milling is another advantage of ordering this service from S-T-P. This ensures the reduction of dust emission as well as the highest possible degree of cleanness — additional works related to concrete floor treatment may be performed immediately after we complete our services!
This service is based on a very strong interaction with the floor, therefore milling of concrete allows for a very broad range of works. We use this technology to:
- remove varnishes, markings, coatings,
- remove cement grout,
- remove damaged upper layers of floors,
- remove grease and other impurities,
- level the variations in floor height,
- increase surface roughness,
- prepare concrete for the application of a new layer or insulation,
- repair the structure of base surface.
The process of milling results in the creation of a surface which can be characterised as:
- clean, through the reduction of impurities,
- durable, which will allow the road surface to be kept in good condition for extended periods of time,
- highly adhesive, which will be very important for the application of subsequent layers, especially for resins or paints,
- having better appearance, due to levelling and removal of damaged elements.